Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Kenmore Elite Er 1F fix

New to this, but I'm looking for some help on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator, Model number 795.72483.411. I've had an Er 1f for quite some time, so I decided to do something about it. I defrosted the freezer, removed the back panel and found a huge amount of ice behind the ice maker fan. I melted it, replaced everything, and all was well for about 4 days before the error returned.

This time I checked again and no ice. I went ahead and purchased a new ice maker fan from AppliancePartsPros part number ABA72913421. The issue I found was a second blue wire from the original that was not plugged in and slightly melted, but I can't seem to figure out where that blue cable runs to in the back, there is no obvious placement and I'm not sure what it does.

I kept it tucked in the back of the panel, and replaced everything and the Error Er 1F was gone for a day before it returned.

Any help on how this is supposed to be installed or plugged in would be helpful!

submitted by /u/NoBadIdeas_15
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment