Sunday, September 20, 2026

Manager said it's ok

So what do you guys think? We have a walk in freezer that is Heatcraft LET09BJ. We have a guy who said he has been doing refrigeration for a while. He just installed a Copeland CS27K6E-PFV-945 compressor. I had to wipe my eyes for a minute when I saw the information to make sure I didn't read that wrong. My experience tells me we have a 21,000 btu medium temp compressor (also verified by Google and the local refrigeration store) sitting on a 9,000 BTU freezer evaporator. The freezer is running around -10 which is way way below the designed compressor temp of 20 deg. The coil blew and now my manager tells me everything is fine try to repair it. A multi layer coil I might add. I did my best but I told my manager this will never work. He swears it will and it is fine. The discharge temperature on the compressor is HOT and the txv is being blasted open. How long do you give this poor compressor to live??? The ONLY thing saving it from immediate destruction is the massive accumulator sitting beside it and huge condenser coils in my opinion. Am I crazy like my boss says??

submitted by /u/Proper-Ad-127
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment