Wednesday, June 17, 2026

What should I do?

I am an apprentice for supermarket refrigeration tech. The company I work for, everyone hates being a refrigeration tech there. We have over 5000 open positions not filled. As an apprentice, I am not getting the training and knowledge I need. My service manager doesn’t know anything about hvac/r. I see newly hired junior and senior tech get all kinds of training. The only training I am getting is on the job training installing parts like fans and motors. I am not getting the knowledge and theory about how parallel rack system work and how all the components connect, which includes Glycol secondary loop and CO2 racks. When I brought my concerns to my trainer and service manager. The only feedback I got was, don’t worry about it. Meanwhile, other junior and senior techs are getting all the knowledge and training. They need to do the jobs successfully. By the way, textbook like commercial refrigeration can only take you so far because I’ve feel like you need both textbook and hands-on experience to be able to understand it.

What should I do?

submitted by /u/Forsaken_Run5741
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment